It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: KinHotaru - SV Hunter
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:26 pm 

-----Character-----

Name: Kinhotaru
Class: Hunter
Spec: Survival 3/7/31
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/S ... aru/simple
Professions: engineering (for Helm, springs 4.0.6 and Jeeves) Letherworking (130Agi nom nom :D )
Date of creation: 21/05/05 (44 hours played on this character, 215 combined from all alts)

*Edit start*
My Ui: http://img832.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnsh ... 81000.jpg/
I use standard Blizz raid frames for 5-25man no frames
*Edit end*

-----Personal-----

Name: Paul

Gaming History:
I've been playing games as a hobby since i got my hands on my first computer Atari 65xe in 1989. My first mmo was Ultima online in 98 and i played it for 5 years, after that on and off trying diferent games. I left UO for Star Wars Galaxies and played untill SOE broke it with "hugbear" patch. After that i tried Everquest 2 hoping i will get some epic raiding moments my friends ware telling me about from Everquest 1 but that never happen. in mid 2005 i tried Wow and im playing it on and off ever since.

Guild history:
Usual Suspects in Vanilla now Shiva since December 2007

Raid History:
I raided casualy with Usual suspects on Kinhotaru (Hunter) in MC, Onyxia, Zul'Gurub and half way into Bwl. In Tbc i joined alt runs with Shiva on Iceharp (Mage) in Karazhan and when i was geared enough i was invited to 25m in SCC and from this point my serious raiding started. Cleared Scc, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair and Tempest keep (without Kael'thas) before nerf/attunment patch and almost whole Black temple and some of Mount Hyjal after patch. In Wotlk i cleared Naxx (almost all progresion kills), Malygos and Sartharion 1d on Reddharp (Dk dps). Had to take brake from wow to sort Rl issues so i missed Ulduar. Got back to raiding in ToC and ICC.
In Cata i've been on every Shiva Raid in Group 1 (10m) (progression group).

Reason for leaving guild:
I enjoy Shiva very much and it breaks my heart to say this but i want to raid Heroic content and i dont see eny posibility of this happening right now. Every single raid someone is late 10min-60min and people come unprepared (food/flask) and in some cases even if told 3 times to drink one thay say thay dont need it. At this point guild is too casual for me. I put too much time in to tweaking my stats/rotations for best dps output i can possibly can to whipe whole night on simple boss becouse ppl cant be bothered to not stand in fire.

How would Zeal benefit from having me?
Im always on time and prepared. I know my role and class (and most others too) and know tactics for fight before thay go live from PTR and i dont rest untill im happy with my performance (inc looking over fraps of kill to see where i could do better) Most of my skills are keybinded or macroed around WSAD or mouse and i if i change my rotation i practise new one on training dummy untill i get it mastered (muscle memory) so that i can focus on movement and general raid awareness during combat.
Also the fact I am best geared alliance hunter on the server doesnt hurt (last time i checked)
I understand that all of this is only my word but if you ask Adam (Sinakil) your new dk tank he can confirm this.

My flaws?
Im severely allergic to "this is just a game" attitude. Dont get me wrong i value Rl before game every time but if you signed up and got invited, do your job. there is 24 ppl in raid who want to kill stuff and not listen to excuses.
Im Dislectic and English is my 2nd language. I tried to clean up this text to best of my abilities but if i left eny mistakes, my appologies.
Also "many alts! handle it!" :D

Raids i can attend:
I adjust my work hours myself on weekly basis so 99% of the time im able to raid whenever there is Raid. (i might need to finish raid lockout with Shiva since i signed up if they decide thay need me)

Spec/gear/refore/glyphs
I dont want to get into detaits but i do my own math and reserch and always use best dps output spec/build possible including pets, buffs, glyphs and stat allocation.
Feel free to ask eny questions and i will answer them best i can

-----My Rig-----

watercooled core 2 duo 6420
watercooled 2x Gtx 260 213 from Zotac
2x 1024 corsair ram
Samsung 24 16:9 monitor
Razor macro keyboard and mouse
USB headset
Stable Internet connection

Thank you for Reading this application and hope to hear from you

Paul "Kinhotaru" Kuczynski

Post subject: Re: KinHotaru - SV Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:28 pm 

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the application, I will be getting back to you tomorrow with some questions about your application etc.

Thanks,

Darthrax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:23 pm 

Hello

Thank you for quick response and I will be happy to answer any questions

With Regards

Paul "Kinhotaru" Kuczynski

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 am 

Hi Paul,

You application looks nice and I have raided with you back at Nax when you was on your DK as I can guess you remember, they are generally good memories that I have but there is one big concern.

I remember back in Nax you totally disappeared without a word, had no idea where you went and you returned later on and was unhappy with your class (DK’s were not super OP anymore =P). You decided to reroll hunter just as I was levelling my own to do the same and as a result I knew we did not need anymore so I stayed on my shaman, once again I remember that you disappeared again once you had levelled your hunter.

We are not looking for players that do this, I understand that you might have had RL issues but that does not help us if you do this. We had about 4 to 5 of our core raiders do this at the end of Wrath (infact more I think) which put the guild in a rather bad state.

So…… How do I know this won’t happen again?

Thanks,

Darthrax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:42 am 

Hello

I understand your concerns and i don't want to make excuses but rather claryfy what happend exacly from my point of view and reasons behind decisions i've made and actions i took.
After we cleared Nax and had every boss on farm i decided to make short brake from wow and i did send in game mail to Erik and pm on forums. Fault was mine i did not make
sure Erik got this info before leaving. Shiva was changing website design at that time and pm must have got lost. No idea how in game mail was not receaved maybe it got lost in a crowd of others.

After i got back and join raiding on my DK i had no problem with nerfs to my class. Only problem i had was when i got kicked from raid group and replaced for doing low dps (Lady Deathwhisper) when i was 3rd dps from bottom.
This fight involved alot of movement and target swaping which for dk back then was not ideal. I decided then i would rather roll class which might top recount rather than explain class mechanic.

Secound time i stoped playing after my house was broken in to and it took me some time to get a new rig.

I understand you only have my word on this and actions speak much louder, especialy over the internet. I only ask that you give me a chance to prove my worth.

With Regards

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:00 pm 

Hi Paul,

I will whisper you when I see you online, it will be in the evening when I am not in a raid. If you see me come on just poke me also to see if I am free so I can ask a few more questions.

Thanks,

Darthrax

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]